Welcome back friends we have made it through another week of learning at home!! I made our learn at home bags again this week and went live on my Facebook Page.
This week with our experience early learning curriculum (formally mother goose time) we have been learning about Birds and Eggs. It has been such a perfect theme to do while we are introducing spring time and last week was Easter. This week we talked about Bird Parts and with our preschool curriculum we talked about head and beak, body, wing, feet and claws, and tails.
Baby Bird Pet!!
Supplies: •cardboard tube •feathers •wiggly eyes •markers •glue •scissors •nature items
Discuss: •would you like to have a baby bird for a pet? Why or why not?
Make: • encourage each child to decorate their tube like a baby chick.
Play: • use sticks, rocks or other nature items to build a nest or birdhouse.
• what else might the bird need? Invite children to brainstorm ways to feed and care for their pet check.
Supplies: • inspiration photo • feathers • paper •glue •paint •scissors • paint brush
• what do you notice about the wing in the photo? How do you think a real feather wing feels to the touch?
• Will you cut the paper into a wing shape?
• Will you use the feather or a brush to paint? What’s different about painting with a feather instead of a brush?
• Will you glue feathers on your wings?
I hope you all had a great week and we will see you again next week. Thanks for stopping by.
As an Experience Early Learning Blog Ambassador, we receive the Experience Early Learning Preschool curriculum in exchange for our honest and authentic stories resulting from our personal experiences. As always, our opinions on amazing stuff for children are 100% our own. Keep in mind that all preschoolers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best judgement when planning activities for your children. #preschool #EELblogger Experience Early Learning | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram