Welcome back to Mrs. Kats Kids this is our last week in our birds and eggs unit with Experience Early Learning ( formerly Mother goose time)
This week we talked about the Ostrich, Penguin, blue crane, and peacock. These types of birds are not normally in your backyard. By including these types of animals into the preschool curriculum, children build a broader range of knowledge of birds.
Unless your David check out this Crane in his backyard!!
We have also had a great time doing our Facebook lives and craft time with our friends at home.
Take a look at a couple of our crafts!!!!
Supplies: • inspiration Photo • Fork • background paper • orange paper
• eye stickers • paint • glue • crayons or markers • scissors
• set the Inspiration photo and Any additional materials
• what do you notice about the ostrich’s eyes? What do you think the ostrich is looking at?
• How will you use the fork to draw it’s fluffy feathers?
Supplies: • Paper plate • paper • eye stickers • black paint • scissors • glue
• what do you like best about penguins?
• help children paint the back of the paper plates Black and let them dry.
• Help them fold the plates into penguin shapes.
• Invite children to add sticker eyes then cut out feet and beaks and glue them on.
• encourage children to pretend they are penguins and waddle around the room.
• Invite them to use their puppets to waddle around and talk to each other.
As an Experience Early Learning Blog Ambassador, we receive the Experience Early Learning Preschool curriculum in exchange for our honest and authentic stories resulting from our personal experiences. As always, our opinions on amazing stuff for children are 100% our own. Keep in mind that all preschoolers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best judgement when planning activities for your children. #preschool #EELblogger Experience Early Learning | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram